Again, here are the datailed steps I took to get this "odd behaviour" surface.
1. Take the standard "all" configuration. It has all in store (session
replication via TreeCache defined in tc5-cluster-service.xml)
2. Add the dependency on the jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache to the
jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml
3. Enable the ClusteredSingleSignOn valve in tomcat's server.xml

That's all. I hereby confirm that jboss.cache:service=TomcatClusteringCache
MBean is indeed registered, moreover standard sessions do get replicated across
the members of the cluster (I first observed this behaviour when starting two
instances of jboss on one machine binding them to two different IPs, but this
also happens when I try to start jboss without specifying the IP address to
bind).

As for the questions you have asked - let me double check tomorrow at work
where oddity happens (particularly Q2 as I seem to have answered Q1 already,
and my response to Q3 does not seem to be necessary - no particular changes to
the files you had requested). On second thought, I'll email the modifed files
to you.

BTW, this also happens to jboss 4.0.2.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3887603#3887603