Appreciate your help here.  All I requested was a little help that too in a
polite manner and did not expect sarcastic comments for responses. If the
attitude is not to help, then people should rather ignore instead of posting
such responses. Also the users cannot be expected to think at the same level as
experts or developers and raise the same kind of questions an expert would
raise, that would defeat the purpose of having this forum. If not for the JIRA
issue, I wouldn't have had to hear all this. Anyway..

I believe my posts were quite reasonable and not "dumb" and had sufficent
information to answer some if not all the questions raised.

* Is the cluster rejoining? Show the cluster view changes in comparison to the
client requests.

-->Shall provide more info such as console output for evidence that the cluster
view was getting updated when a node left and joined the cluster.

* Did the client receive the up-to-date view of the cluster? i.e. When did the
client know about the cluster view changes?

-->Not fully clear what you are asking here. The client JBoss instance was
running all the time when I stopped the active instance and then checked
failover from the client bu making a new request. There were not active
requests to the clustered nodes while stopping or starting a node again to join
the cluster.

* Are the dns/ip addresses that the client is told to contact correct? i.e. is
the client even contacting the correct machine

--> If the IP addresses had been wrong the initial failover, that I have cleary
emphasized  as working in my post would have not worked at all.

I shall test the scenarios again with the latest verion of JBoss and all I
asked was a clarification that whether this was a known issue in version 4.0.1
as the recent posts have been more diverted towards setting ethics while
totally ignoring user issues for which the forum is meant to be.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3888257#3888257

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3888257