Hmm, this is strange. This is emitted by te datagramsocket's send() method,
when a datagram packet is too big (usually bigger than 65K).
But your message is small, the payload is *zero* bytes !
Can you do the following ? Go into org.jgroups.protocols.UDP and modify send()
(I'm assuming JGroups 2.2.7), see code below. This is already in 2.2.9
(currently in CVS). This should print out the size of the *marshalled* buffer
in case of an exception. If this doesn't help, you can always set a breakpoint
in this code.

Hope this helps !

    void send(Message msg) throws Exception {
  |         IpAddress  dest=(IpAddress)msg.getDest();
  |         byte[]     buf=messageToBuffer(msg);
  |
  |        try {
  |         doSend(buf, dest.getIpAddress(), dest.getPort());
  |        }
  |        catch(Exception ex) {
  |           StringBuffer sb=new StringBuffer("failed sending message to " +
dest);
  |           if(buf == null)
  |              sb.append(", null buffer");
  |           else
  |              sb.append(", length=" + buf.length + " bytes");
  |           Exception tmp=new Exception(sb.toString() + buf, ex);
  |           throw tmp;
  |        }
  |     }

View the original post :