Problem
JBoss 4.0 bundled with Tomcat 5.5, out of the box, will not bind to port 8080
for all interfaces.  i.e.  I can telnet to the port from the localhost, but not
from outside.  Please let me know how to bind to this port properly.

On local machine...

telnet 127.0.0.1 8080
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.

On remote machine... (IP address masked slightly)

telnet 208.100.x.x
Trying 208.100.x.x...
 - this will eventually time out

Running a netstat -anp | grep 8080 shows this:

  | Active Internet connections (servers and established)
  | Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address State
PID/Program name
  | tcp        0      0 :::8080                 :::*    LISTEN
17487/java

>From the above, I can see that java (jboss) has a server socket listening on
>port 8080, but the local address looks off.  Shouldn't it be binding to
>0.0.0.0:8080 or 127.0.0.1:8080?

System
OS:    Linux, Fedora Core 2
JBoss: 4.0.2 w/ Tomcat 5.5 (out of the box)
Java:  1.4.2_09

server.xml
Here is the relevant sections of the server.xml (out of the box)

  | <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost">
  |   <Host name="localhost"
  |         autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false">

I don't have a firewall running for this test.
I really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3890017#3890017