Hi,
I am having the same problem. What I have done is integrated AXIS1.1 into
JBoss.

I keep getting the error :
org.apache.axis.ConfigurationException: No engine configuration file - aborting!

I have the server-config.wsdd and client-config.wsdd files in the correct
directories and axis as deployed fine, as have my services. However, I still
get this.

You say to make sure that the file is on th classpath, how do I ensure that
this is the case in JBoss.

For further reference:

My directory structure currently looks like this.

axis.war
    WEB-INF
        server-config.wsdd
        classes