Hi all,
I encountered with one issue that is related to Axis that is used in JBoss. I
developed J2EE web service client and deployed to Sun App server 8.1. There the
client is working without any complication. Since the client is based on
JSR-109 and therefore is portable bewteen server I was trying to deploy same
app to JBoss 4.0.2 FCS. I got error JAXRPCTIE01: caught exception while
handling request: deserialization error: XML reader error: unexpected character
content: every time.

I sniffed SOAP messages and there are:
1) from Sun App server:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
 xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
 xmlns:ns0="urn:HelloWebService/types">
    <env:Body>
      <ns0:getHello>
         <String_1>JBoss</String_1>
     </ns0:getHello>
   </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>
2) from JBoss
<soapenv:Envelope
  xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
 <soapenv:Body>
  <ns1:getHello
xmlns:ns1="urn:HelloWebService/types">JBoss</ns1:getHello>
 </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>
Element String_1 is missing here.

According to WSDL file Sun's message is right:

Web service used document/literal encoding. I don't know why JBoss used a
little different message and how setup to use correct according to WS-I. Maybe,
Axis that is included in JBoss doesn't conform J2EE spec?

Thanks to all for any advice.

Petr

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3891794#3891794