Hi All,

I've noticed that the login-config.xml in the Portal indicates a (new?)
LoginModule
(org.jboss.portal.core.security.jaas.IdentityPropagationLoginModule) that
appears to take the place of ClientLoginModule for propogation.

Is this assumption correct?

I have tried using both but am getting different errors with each.

The IdentityPropogationLoginModule fails when initializing our Portlet with a
NullPointerException (I believe because our Portlet calls EJBCreate on a
session bean, and there is no logged in user yet... the ejbCreate method is set
as unchecked=true, but this hasn't helped; I've been pouring over docs looking
at the intricacies / conflicts of dealing with roles, groups, etc - our
LoginModule worked great until we started to place our apps under a security
domain - it might still be working great, but now I'm not so sure ;).

The ClientLoginModule fails with this security notice:

09:11:05,713 INFO  [STDOUT] Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException:
Insufficient method permissions,
principal=[roles=[Authenticated],principal=anonymous], ejbName=UserManagement,
method=getRootUsers, interface=REMOTE, requiredRoles=[Authenticated],
principalRoles=null

Note that the principal is flagged with an Authenticated role, but
principalRoles is null... I think that is what's causing our problem there.

Which way should I pursue? Should I even track down the problems with
ClientLoginModule or should I chase down what's going on with the
IdentityPropagationLoginModule?

Thanks!

Steve

View the original post :