The issue here is, I don't think you can count on the AttributeValueChange
(AVC) from your Scheduling service (that is if you extend ServiceMBeanSupport),
because it's going to be started anyway when you deploy it.

The HASingletonController will invoke startSingleton/stopSingleton on your
service, and you can emit a pair of notifications there to indicate this fact,
then you intercept those in the BarrierController.

The hankback object is provided by whoever makes a subscription, to allow him
to distinguish from which subscription a notification comes (because you can
have many subscritpions). It has nothing to do with the Notification itself.

What I see here, this is a very good use case and if we make the
HASingletonController emit alternatively notifications, rather than invoke
callback (e.g. through a config option), we can then just attach a Barrier and
have any number of mbeans to depend on that...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3893383#3893383

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3893383