I found navigating this site for an answer to this problem very frustrating and
confusing, as much was contrdictory and it was often difficult to see which
version of JBoss it applied to, but the answer I found was that you can specify
the mdb-user and mdb-passwd tags in the jboss.xml file and to assign the value
from the mdb-subscription-id tag to the users in jbossmq-state.xml.  This way,
the mdbs get deployed with a specific ID rather than a system assigned ID that
might change on a restart.
from jboss.xml...

  | <message-driven>
  |             <ejb-name>myMDB1</ejb-name>
  |             <destination-jndi-name>topic/MDBTopic</destination-jndi-name>
  |                     <mdb-user>jane</mdb-user>
  |                     <mdb-passwd>thread</mdb-passwd>
  |                     <mdb-subscription-id>myMDB1</mdb-subscription-id>
  |             <configuration-name>Standard Message Driven
Bean</configuration-name>
  |             <resource-ref>
  |                 <res-ref-name>jms/TopicConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>
  |                 <jndi-name>ConnectionFactory</jndi-name>
  |             </resource-ref>
  |             <resource-env-ref>
  |                 <resource-env-ref-name>jms/MDBTopic</resource-env-ref-name>
  |                 <jndi-name>topic/MDBTopic</jndi-name>
  |             </resource-env-ref>
  |         </message-driven>

from jbossmq-state.xml

  |             <User>
  |                     <Name>jane</Name>
  |                     <Password>thread</Password>
  |                     <Id>myMDB1</Id>
  |             </User>
  |     </Users>
  |     <Roles>
  |             <Role name="guest">
  |                     <UserName>guest</UserName>
  |                     <UserName>john</UserName>
  |             </Role>
  |             <Role name="subscriber">
  |                     <UserName>john</UserName>
  |                     <UserName>jane</UserName>
  |             </Role>
  |             <Role name="publisher">
  |                     <UserName>john</UserName>
  |                     <UserName>dynsub</UserName>
  |             </Role>
  |             <Role name="durpublisher">
  |                     <UserName>john</UserName>
  |                     <UserName>dynsub</UserName>
  |                     <UserName>jane</UserName>
  |             </Role>

The durable subscriptions get added to the file on deployment as:

  |     <DurableSubscriptions>
  |             <DurableSubscription>
  |                     <ClientID>myMDB1</ClientID>
  |                     <Name>myMDB1</Name>
  |                     <TopicName>MDBTopic</TopicName>
  |             </DurableSubscription>
  |             <DurableSubscription>
  |                     <ClientID>myMDB2</ClientID>
  |                     <Name>myMDB2</Name>
  |                     <TopicName>MDBTopic</TopicName>
  |             </DurableSubscription>
  |     </DurableSubscriptions>

myMDB2 was another one assigned to john.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3895231#3895231

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3895231