Hi

I use an RPC/literal WS4EE JBoss EJB Endpoint.
The Service Methods returns an Bytearray or null.
And this is a problem, if the method returns an Bytearray everything
works fine, but if the Service returns null following Remoteexception is
thrown by my JWSDP 1.6 Client:

  | RemoteException: Runtime exception; nested exception is:  unexpected null
value for literal data
  |     at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._handleRuntimeExceptionInSend(StreamingSender.java:318)
  |     at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:300)

the SOAP Response :

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>
  |  <soapenv:Body>
  |   <ns1:myMethodResponse xmlns:ns1="http://myWS.org/method";>
  |    <result xsi:type="xsd:base64Binary" xsi:nil="1"/>
  |   </ns1:myMethodResponse >
  |  </soapenv:Body>
  | </soapenv:Envelope>

Is there a way that my JAXRPC Client recognize the xsi:nil attribute
and get a null as return value?

thx

dre

View the original post :