"jchen0516" wrote : We found a problem on JMS. I am not sure if it is my
configuration problem. I wrote a simple MDB. At client side, when I put a small
size ObjectMessage into the queue, MDB works fine. Only one MDB pickups and
processes the message for one time. However, when I put a big size
ObjectMessage (~MB) into the queue and MDB needs to process a little longer for
a message, I found there are serveral MDB which sequentially pick up the same
message from the queue and process it. I wonder if I should set something for
message persistence to solve this problem.

  | btw, jboss is running on a linux environment. I can see many same session
pool message for MeesageDriverBean. Does that multithread or multi-CPU cause
the problem? But I doubt because it is running fine for the small size message.

  | Thanks for your help in advance!
  |
  | ----------------------------------------------------
  | This is the my-jbossmq-destinations-service.xml in
jboss-4.0.2/server/default/deploy/jms directory

  |  mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
  |       name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=myQueue"
  |       <depends
optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager
  |  /mbean>
  |

  | ----------------------------------------------------------
  | MDB is very simple. ZippingMessage contains a list of filename need to be
zipped. When ZippingMessage is bigger, this MDB needs to process longer time on
zipping.

  |     public void onMessage(Message arg0) {
  |
  |             // TODO Auto-generated method stub
  |             try {
  |
  |                     ObjectMessage om = (ObjectMessage) arg0;
  |                     ZippingMessage izm = (ZippingMessage) om.getObject();
  |
  |                     // start zipping and wait it finished
  |                     ZipManager zipper = new ZipManager();
  |                     zipper.setName(izm.getZipFilename());
  |                     zipper.setFiles(izm.getItems());
  |                     zipper.start();
  |                     zipper.join();
  |
  |             } catch (Exception e) {
  |                     log.error("Unexpected exception: " + e.getMessage());
  |             }

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3896164#3896164

Reply to the post :