I am receiving the following error when trying to stop the jboss server. I am
running Fedora 4 with jboss 4.0.2 and using the default, very basic init.d
script found at this link http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp...OnBootWithLinux

/etc/init.d/jboss stop
Stopping jboss...
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not
obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1099 [Root exception is
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099
[Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect
to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Invalid
argument or cannot assign requested address]]]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingCo ntext.java:1385)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingCont ext.java:579)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingCont ext.java:572)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext. java:347)
at org.jboss.Shutdown.main(Shutdown.java:202)
Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server
localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException:
Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is
java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument or cannot assign requested address]]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingC ontext.java:254)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingCo ntext.java:1370)
... 4 more
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to
server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.SocketException: Invalid
argument or cannot assign requested address]
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingC ontext.java:228)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Invalid argument or cannot assign
requested address
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl .java:305)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSoc ketImpl.java:171)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.j ava:158)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:309)
at java.net.Socket.(Socket.java:211)
at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket
(TimedSocketFactory.java:69)
at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket
(TimedSocketFactory.java:62)
at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingC ontext.java:224)
... 5 more

It appears that the JNDI server is up and running/listing on port 1099.

netstat -an |grep 1099
tcp 0 0 :::1099 :::* LISTEN

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong? Could it be something with my
Fedora hostname setup?  I have to kill the processes each time I want to
shutdown/restart which isn't optimal. Not being able to fix the problem is
bugging me probably more than the inconvenience...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3896332#3896332

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3896332