This is not as simple as suggested, state merging is largely an application
responsibility. I have a JIRA issue
(http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBCACHE-8) which tackles this, but it will
come down to policy-based state merging. So we call the application, which then
needs to handle the state merge. JGroups merges the partitioned subgroups back
into a single group, but state merging cannot be done by JGroups because we
don't know your state.
What you suggested will probably *one* merge policy that JBossCache ships with,
but there will be are others, and application programmers concerned about
partitions/merging will be able to provide their own policies.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3896337#3896337

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3896337