This is a very strange problem...I have worked with JBOSS and Oracle many times
without problem.  However, now I am trying my hand at JBOSS and mySQL with some
puzzling results.

I have successfully created a Datasource that connects to mySQL and I have a
class that performs JDBC queries (this class connects to this mySQL datasource
-- see code below).

  | System.out.println("Loading underlying JDBC driver.");
  | try {
  |    Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver");
  | } catch (ClassNotFoundException e) {
  |    e.printStackTrace();
  | }
  | System.out.println("Done.");
  | final InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
  | dataSource = (DataSource)context.lookup ("java:/BBIMDB")

However the EJB's seem to be pointing at a different database (I guess
hypersonic) because when I call a findByPrimaryKey() method on a bean with a
row I know exists, it can't find it (NotFoundException).  And when I create an
entity bean - it works without error, however it is nowhere to be seen in the
mySQL database!

I have created a mySQL datasource (mysql-ds.xml) as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <datasources>
  |     <local-tx-datasource>
  |         <jndi-name>BBIMDB</jndi-name>
  |         <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/bbimdb</connection-url>
  |         <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |         <user-name>bbimdb</user-name>
  |         <password>password</password>
  |     <metadata>
  |             <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>
  |     </metadata>
  |     </local-tx-datasource>
  | </datasources>
With my EJB's, I deploy the following jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252'?>
  | <jbosscmp-jdbc>
  |    <defaults>
  |      <datasource>java:/BBIMDB</datasource>
  |      <datasource-mapping>mySQL</datasource-mapping>
  |      <create-table>false</create-table>
  |      <remove-table>false</remove-table>
  |    </defaults>
  |   <enterprise-beans>
and the following jboss.xml file
"http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_3_0.dtd";>
  | <jboss>
  | <resource-ref>
  |  <res-ref-name>jdbc/BBIMDB</res-ref-name>
  |  <jndi-name>BBIMDB</jndi-name>
  | </resource-ref>

Please can somebody help? I am at a loss :(
I am using jboss-4.0.1sp1 on winXP with mySQL 4.1 and connectorj 3.1.10

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3896451#3896451

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3896451