I found in
[url=https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=381174&aid=631825&group_id=22866[/url]
 the following:

anonymous wrote :
  | 2. For some reason, previous versions of JBoss mapped java.lang
  | .Object to a JDBC type of JAVA_OBJECT, and then proceeded to
  | serialize the object into a binary column.
  | Some JDBC drivers would accept this behaviour, but many would
  | not.
  | JAVA_OBJECT is intended to be mapped to custom types on the
  | database, and used in conjunction with the java.sql.SQLData/
  | SQLInput/SQLOutput interfaces, which are managed by the JDBC
  | driver.
  | Therefore JAVA_OBJECT types are now passed straight through
  | to the JDBC driver via set/getObject.
  | The standard mappings for java.lang.Object that I was able to test
  | (as in item 1) have been changed to have a binary JDBC type to
  | preserve the previous behaviour.
  |
  | NOTE: Anyone who has used JAVA_OBJECT in their jbosscmp-
  | jdbc.xml will need to change it to VARBINARY,
  | LONGVARBINARY or BLOB to get the previous behaviour.
  |
  | IMPORTANT: I have only changed the standard mappings for the
  | db platforms that I could test. If your database is not mentioned
  | above I would appreciate feedback on which binary jdbc types are
  | appropriate.

And the tested/modified databases were: "It has been tested against Oracle 9i,
Postgres 7.2 and MySQL
3.23.53, (and hsqldb of course)."

Could this have some connection with the problem I'm having?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3896533#3896533

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3896533