Hi all,

We have an application that uses JMS to call asynchronious methods from one
session bean to messageBeans.
The flow of messages can reach up to thousends per minute.
mostly it is one per minute.
About half of them are in a transaction /persistance environment the other
other half isn't
After running our application for about a month of two I get the following
exceptions:
anonymous wrote :
  | 13:48:03,852,StdServerSession] failed to commit/rollback
  | org.jboss.mq.SpyXAException: - nested throwable:
(org.jboss.mq.SpyTransactionRolledBackException: Transaction was rolled back.;
- nested throwable: (org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not mark the message
as deleted in the database: update affected 0 rows))  at
org.jboss.mq.SpyXAResource.commit(SpyXAResource.java:88)     at
org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.onMessage(StdServerSession.java:327)      at
org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.sessionConsumerProcessMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:877)
   at org.jboss.mq.SpyMessageConsumer.addMessage(SpyMessageConsumer.java:159)
   at org.jboss.mq.SpySession.run(SpySession.java:351)     at
org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run0(StdServerSession.java:200)   at
org.jboss.jms.asf.StdServerSession.run(StdServerSession.java:180)    at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:743)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)Caused by:
org.jboss.mq.SpyTransactionRolledBackException: Transaction was rolled back.; -
nested throwable: (org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not mark the message as
deleted in the database: update affected 0 rows)      at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSDestinationManager.transact(JMSDestinationManager.java:459)
   at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServerInterceptorSupport.transact(JMSServerInterceptorSupport.java:186)
       at
org.jboss.mq.security.ServerSecurityInterceptor.transact(ServerSecurityInterceptor.java:182)
 at
org.jboss.mq.server.TracingInterceptor.transact(TracingInterceptor.java:438) at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSServerInvoker.transact(JMSServerInvoker.java:186)     at
org.jboss.mq.il.jvm.JVMServerIL.transact(JVMServerIL.java:327)       at
org.jboss.mq.Connection.send(Connection.java:1213)   at
org.jboss.mq.SpyXAResourceManager.commit(SpyXAResourceManager.java:150)      at
org.jboss.mq.SpyXAResource.commit(SpyXAResource.java:84)     ... 8 moreCaused
by: org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Could not mark the message as deleted in the
database: update affected 0 rows        at
org.jboss.mq.pm.jdbc2.PersistenceManager.remove(PersistenceManager.java:1062)
     at org.jboss.mq.server.BasicQueue.acknowledge(BasicQueue.java:536)      at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSQueue.acknowledge(JMSQueue.java:123)  at
org.jboss.mq.server.ClientConsumer.acknowledge(ClientConsumer.java:328)      at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSDestinationManager.acknowledge(JMSDestinationManager.java:536)
        at
org.jboss.mq.server.JMSDestinationManager.transact(JMSDestinationManager.java:448)
   ... 16 more

Could not mark the message as deleted in the database: update affected 0 rows

The hsqldb file has grown to a size of around 2Gb (although 99,99% of all
messages have been delivered and thus can be deleted from the database)

We're  using JBoss 3.2.6 with the standard build in JMS.

Anyone have an idea where this problem comes from? / what we must do to avoid
it?

ultimately it will result in a crashdown of JMS and with it our server :(

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3897152#3897152

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3897152