Hi there

Have you had a chance to give this a go yet?  I'd be keen to know what people
think of Optimistic Locking, both in terms of what it does, performance, and
stability.

Thanks,
Manik

"DashV" wrote : Heya does the Optimistic Locking stuff work when using
JBossCache as an MBean within JBoss 4.0.2.

  | I tried dropping jboss-cache.jar into my lib directory (overwriting the old
one) and adding the attribute:

  | <attribute name="NodeLockingScheme">OPTIMISTIC</attribute>
  |
  | to my caches service.xml. Now I get the following exception:
  |
  | org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No Attribute found with name:
NodeLockingScheme
  |   |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.configure(ServiceConfigurator.java:263)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigurator.java:164)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:118)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:202)
  |   |         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor15.invoke(Unknown Source)
  |   |         at
  |   |         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141)
  |   |         at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
  |   |         at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:72)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:249)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644)
  |   |         at
org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
  |   |         at $Proxy4.install(Unknown Source)
  |
  | I was hoping to test and re-bench our JBoss 4.0.2 cluster configuration
here as it uses 4 seperate jboss caches (three of them replicate across the
cluster and one of those three is ASYNC.) So its a pretty good test of most of
the the jboss cache fuctionality.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3898922#3898922

Reply to the post :