I'm trying to get Java 1.5 to work in JSP pages.

I've followed the instructions at
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=402UpgradeIssues

Which told me to:
- remove jasper-compiler-jdt.jar
- add to tomcat's web.xml's servlet init params:
<init-param>
  <param-name>compilerSourceVM</param-name>
  <param-value>1.5</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
   <param-name>compilerTargetVM</param-name>
   <param-value>1.5</param-value>
</init-param>
- add ant.jar to the lib dir

I'm getting the following error when it tries to compile my jsp page:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to load class for JSP
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.workstation2_jsp

My guess is that removing jasper-compiler-jdt.jar leaves Tomcat without any way
to compile.  But why does the document say to remove it?

Is it possible at all to use Java 1.5 in JBoss 4.0.2 (latest stable I guess)?

ps. Why this resistance against Java 1.5?  Is it IBM and Eclipse that is
causing this slow adoptation?  Java 1.5 rocks if you ask me - and it's not just
the language features...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3899464#3899464

Reply to the post :