Hi,

Iam using tomcat5.5 with jboss4.0.2 server.

While deploying war to JBoss application server,

1.       JBoss extracts the war file dropped in the ?#serverconfig#/deploy?
directory to the

#serverconfig#/tmp/deploy/tmpXXXXXwarfile directory.

The problem is we don?t know what will be the destination directory of the
application. The directory created is dynamic and contains some numbers (XXXX)
which is auto-generated. This makes some of the application configuration
difficult. Like the application root directory and application classes
directory are all unknown before deployment.

There are some EOD programs which refers to the application class files which
execution. Additionally some of those batches would to generate PDFs and Images
in the application?s document root directory.

For the above two cases, we need to know the application?s deployment directory
upfront, which will be configured in a property file.

Its cumbersome to change the configured deployment directory for every
deployment if the directory changes.

Q1. Can the created deployment directory be made constant?

The m-bean used for war deployment is the default tomcat deployer
jboss.web:service=WebServer

Thanks in advance
Agilan Palani

View the original post :