2 days and still no reply to my topic.......... :(
I am using the jboss 4.0.2 version..

well, i have done a lot of research on the exception "insufficinet
permissions....principal=[null]..." and from what i found on the forums and the
WIKI, my login.xml needs to be like that :

****************login-config.xml***************************
         <application-policy name = "megs">

          <login-module code =
"org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule"
             flag = "required">
              <module-option name =
"unauthenticatedIdentity">guest</module-option>
              <module-option name =
"dsJndiName">java:/PostgresDS</module-option>
              <module-option name = "principalsQuery">SELECT passwd FROM users
WHERE username=?</module-option>
              <module-option name = "rolesQuery">SELECT userrole, 'Roles' FROM
userroles WHERE username=?</module-option>
          </login-module>

                  <login-module code = "org.jboss.security.ClientLoginModule"
flag = "required">
          </login-module>

    </application-policy>

However no use , it still fails , giving me the "Insufficient
permissions...principal=[null] exception..."

I also tried using the
<module-option name="password-stacking">useFirstPass</module-option> in the
login-config.xml file for Databaseserverloginmodule and/pr Clientloginmodule,
no effect though...when used for the client login module only..it gives a

*******No matching username found.....exception*******************

I am sure the authentication info is not getting propogated , because the login
is performed successfully and all my println statements are printed. There is a
redirect code fragment in my code on successful login
 HttpServletResponse response = ServletActionContext.getResponse();
response.sendRedirect("/megs/overview.action?view=overview");

The call executes and the required class calls a function on ejb by the name
region. This is where I get the exception. Is it because I am doing a redirect
the authentication information is lost??/ or is it because I am missing
something, somewhere in the configuration files, as a result of which I am
unable to proceed???????

Please do let me know....

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3899702#3899702