hi there

I've got a problem with the login-configuration (DatabaseServerLoginModule) of
jboss - as soon as I use md5-hashed passwords.

for testing purposes, I have a mix of hashed and cleartext passwords in my
database.

when I comment out the following line in login-config.xml, I can successfully
log in with all accounts that have a clear-text password.
<module-option name="hashAlgorithm">MD5</module-option>

but when I activate the md5-line in login-config, I can't log in with accounts
that have hashed password (and of course with clear-text-passwords it doesn't
work too)

if I hash the word "test" to md5 and encode it with base64 (according to docs
standard for md5 in jboss) I get "098F6BCD4621D373CADE4E832627B4F6" with
standard 32 characters.

any help would be fine. thanks in advance.
stefan

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3900907#3900907

Reply to the post :