"vijaypalsingh" wrote : Hi Everybody,
  | I'am creating a example using ejb3 and jboss 4.0.2 where my .ear file
contains the following structure,
  | 1.A war file(for login page anf dashboard)
  | 2.A .par file(including 1 stateless and 3 entity bean and a persistence.xml)
  | my example works excellent when i run it from a standalone client from
eclipse.but when I try to access it from the web client it produces following
error.
  | Exception in Helper.lookup() java.lang.ClassCastException: cannot assign
  |  instance of org.jboss.proxy.ejb.EJBMetaDataImpl to field
org.jboss.ejb3.session.BaseSessionRemotePr
  | oxy.ejbMetaData of type javax.ejb.EJBMetaData in instance of
org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessRemot
  | eProxy
  |
  | My Code is as following
  | /** HELPER CLASS ***/
  | import java.util.Properties;
  | import javax.naming.InitialContext;
  | import javax.naming.NamingException;
  |

  | public class Helper {
  |     /**
  |      * RETURN INITIAL CONTEXT FOR THE JNDI LOOKUP.
  |      * @return
  |      */
  |     private InitialContext getInitialContext(){
  |             InitialContext ctx=null;
  |             Properties env = new Properties();

env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |         env.put("java.naming.provider.url", "jnp://nsg-sd36:1099");

env.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs","org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  |         try{
  |              ctx = new InitialContext(env);
  |         }catch(NamingException n){
  |             System.out.println("Naming Exception "+n);
  |         }
  |         System.out.println(" Returning Initial Context "+ctx+" From
Helper.getInitialContext()");
  |             return ctx;
  |     }
  |     public Object lookup(String JNDIName){
  |             System.out.println("Inside Lookup "+JNDIName);
  |             Object obj=null;
  |             try {
  |                     InitialContext ctx =
(InitialContext)getInitialContext();
  |             System.out.println(" 1. "+ctx);
  |                     obj = ctx.lookup(JNDIName);
  |        }catch(Exception e){
  |                     System.out.println("Exception in Helper.lookup() "+e);
  |             }
  |         System.out.println("Returning "+obj+" From Helper.lookup()");
  |             return obj;
  |     }
  |

  | }
  |
  | /*** CLIENT CODE ***/
  |     public boolean validateUser(String userName,String password){
  |             System.out.println("5.Inside LoginAction.validateUser()");
  |             System.out.println("6.VALUE RECEIVED IN VALIDATE-USER USER-NAME
="+userName+" AND PASSWORD = "+password);
  |         boolean flag=false;
  |         ApplicationUser applicationUser=null;
  |         Helper helper = new Helper();

applicationUser=(ApplicationUser)helper.lookup(ApplicationUser.class.getName());
  |         try{
  |             flag = applicationUser.login(userName,password);
  |         }catch(Exception e){
  |             System.out.println("Exception occured"+e);
  |         }
  |         System.out.println("7.VALUE BEING RETURNED FROM VALIDATE-USER  =
"+flag);
  |         return flag;
  |     }
  |
  | /*** BEAN CODE ****/
  | public boolean login(String userName, String password) {
  |             boolean retval=false;
  |             java.util.List list = manager.createQuery("select
count(user)from User user where user.userName = '"+userName+"' and
user.password = '"+password+"' ").getResultList();
  |             if(list!=null && list.get(0)!=null&& list.get(0).equals("")){
  |                     System.out.println("ApplicationUserBean.login value
received from query = "+list.get(0));
  |                     if(list.get(0).equals("0"))
  |                             retval= false;
  |                     else