Hi,

I'm pretty new to J2EE world.  I'm using JBossWS and able to make them work and
now I'm trying to secure them.

This post is 2 folds.

1.  I'm trying out 1 design whereby utilizing the SOAP header and I'm having
problem.

2. I like the guru out there to suggest another better and simpler design if
you know one.  I heard about HTTP Basic Authentication but I also heard that
sometimes it won't work thru Proxy Server as the HTML header sometimes get
changed.  Secondly it might not work from Laszlo.

Back to item #1....

I need to authenticate using a third party JAAS module
(DatabaseServerLoginModule).  It is already in login-config.xml and it is
working fine with another WAR.

I did see the following tutorial BUT it is for EJB and I'm using Servlet and I
don't know how to configure such that the 3rd party JAAS module is get called.

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=WSSecureEndpoint

Thanks in advance,
-Julian Htun

View the original post :