I would like to add the Tomcat AccessLogValve programmatically to a running
JBossAS instance.  I would like to be able to leave the default server.xml
configuration alone so it can be packaged "as is", and it would be neat to be
able to enable/disable a valve such as this on an "as needed" basis.

While it looks like I might could create a server configuration Element and
pass that to the server through the JBossWeb/Tomcat MBeans, I would rather not
completely reconfigure Tomcat in order to accomplish this (and I am guessing
that this route would cause that behavior).  Even if there is no "upfront"
MBean way to do this, could I add an MBean that could do so programatically by
using Tomcat-specific classes, and if so, could anyone help point me to the
classes that I need to look at in order to do so?

I would have no problem contributing such an MBean if others would find it
useful to add any valve to Tomcat on the fly (not just the one I need).

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3902181#3902181

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3902181