I have two unrelated questions, the "enum question" much more pressing.
We have a class with some enum fields. And a clustered AOP cache. Across WAN,
not sure if it matters. When the value of the enum field changes (through
simple assignment), the change is reflected in the local cache, but not
replicated to the other node in the cluster. Other fields are replicated
without problems. We tried both synchronous and asynchronous replication. Is
there anything I need to know about enums? The class where this field lives, is
Serializable. The enum itself is not explicitly desclared Serializable, but
Enum interface in Java 1.5 is.

Second question:
I get this message when the server starts up:
WARN [TreeCache] No transaction manager lookup class has been defined.
Transactions can not be used.
I define the lookup class in the cache config file as shown below:

  | <!-- Configure the TransactionManager -->
  |         <attribute
name="TransactionManagerLookupClass">org.jboss.cache.JBossTransactionManagerLookup</attribute>

My transactions actually do seem to work, but the log still worries me. What am
I doing wrong?
I get my transaciton like this:
.
  |         Properties prop = new Properties();
  |         prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
"org.jboss.cache.transaction.DummyContextFactory");
  | UserTransaction tx=(UserTransaction)new
InitialContext(prop).lookup("UserTransaction");

Thanks for your help!
Renata.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3902450#3902450