Hi:

We are migration from JBoss 3.2 to JBoss 4.02 for live production application.
Everything goes well, exception hot deployment seems break.

We put modified xxx-ds.xml file into deployment directory. The datasource get
hot deployed with following message:

16:47:54,067 INFO [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Unbound connection factory
for resource adapter for ConnectionManager
'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=PostgresDSMember from JNDI name
'java:PostgresDSMember'

16:47:54,395 INFO [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound connection factory for
resource adapter for ConnectionManager
'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=PostgresDS to JNDI name
'java:PostgresDS'

However, the hibernate still points to the old datasource. It crashes our
application, with folowing message:
ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] You are trying to use a connection factory that
has been shut down: ManagedConnectionFactory is null.; - nested throwable:
(javax.resource.ResourceException:
You are trying to use a connection factory that has been shut down:
ManagedConnectionFactory is null.)

We have temporary solution by invoking rebuildSessionFactory() of the Hibernate
MBean.

JBoss4 and Hibernate should have better integration. Did I miss any
configuration?

Thanks.

ZJ

View the original post :