My observations were completely wrong, sorry for that.

I simulated the database unavailability by pulling the network cable of the
WinXP machine where JBoss was running. This does obviously not only make the
remote database unavailable, but also take down local networking, so the JMS
clients lost connection to the provider even though running on the same machine.

Is that because Windows does not have a loopback network device like
Linux/Unix? Anyway - irrelevant question to this forum.

Again, sorry...
Torsten

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3902789#3902789