Hi,

Please reply to this message
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jboss_expert/message/71

We are using log4j file appender.
My production JBOSS server was rolling the log evey midnight till Sep
26th. From 27th it is just over writing the server.log without backing
up this file with date in the file name. We did not change any
configuration on Sep 27th except re started JBOSS. Does any body has
any idea what could be wrong.
I have 2 JBOSS instances on the same server both have the same issue.
Windows Server 2003 Enterprize edition SP 1.
I removed all the old server log files, still the same issue.

this is from my log4j.xml

<!-- Rollover at midnight each day -->
<param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd"/>

<!-- Rollover at the top of each hour
<param name="DatePattern" value="'.'yyyy-MM-dd-HH"/>
-->

<!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n
-->

<!-- The full pattern: Date MS Priority [Category]
(Thread:NDC) Message\n

-->

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3902873#3902873