Hi,

The Ant explode task was helping me at the time when Hibernate dialect for HSQL
was not configured during the build. I had to make changes by hand and it made
me crazy to unpack the portal sar every time. Funny to say, but as the task was
committed, it wasn't actually necessary any longer because of some changes at
that time that made it work. It was something with Hibernate that could know
what dialect to use or so (ask Julien for more explanation)

Having said that, you don't need the explode task any longer and just checked
that JBP 2.2 built from today's sources worked properly on JBoss AS 4.0.3SP1.
The issue with UserTransaction not being found was with a bug introduced in
Hibernate used in JBoss AS 4.0.3 and was described in
http://www.jboss.org/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=71117 and
http://www.jboss.org/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=70599.

I don't know why the home page of the portal application -
http://localhost:8080/portal doesn't show the page referenced by
http://localhost:8080/portal/local/default/default. That's another story,
though (possibly a bug).

Jacek