Yes, I'am using Transactions. But the direct notification within the
transaction is not my problem.

With the JBossCache, i now have to distinguish a "VisitedNotification", which
indicates a Modification, from another, say normal, "VisitedNotification" which
indicates a read access.

Now i debugged into the JBossCache-Sources (thanks for including them into the
download!) and i found following snipped in method _removeData.
I don't understand the reason for the line, i marked with ">>>": Why sending
"NodeVisited" as normal notification? I would expect "NodeModified", which is
in the "else"-block.
Regards,
Martin

   public void _removeData(GlobalTransaction tx, Fqn fqn, boolean
create_undo_ops, boolean sendNodeEvent, boolean eviction)
           throws CacheException {

[...]
      if(eviction)
         notifyNodeEvict(fqn, true);
      else
         notifyNodeModify(fqn, true);

      n.clear();
      if(eviction)
         n.put(UNINITIALIZED, null); // required by cache loader to
subsequently load the element again

>>>     if(sendNodeEvent) {
         notifyNodeVisited(fqn);
      }
      else { // FIXME Bela did this so GUI view can refresh the view after node
is evicted. But this breaks eviction policy, especially AOP!!!!
         if(eviction) {
            notifyNodeEvicted(fqn);
            notifyNodeEvict(fqn, false);
         } else {
            notifyNodeModified(fqn); // todo: merge these 2 notifications back
into 1 !
            notifyNodeModify(fqn, false);
         }
      }