Managed to solve that problem by mapping each of the properties in a
ws4ee-deployment file. I can contact the web service but it is not receiving my
parameters. I have found this
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=60455 as a solution to
the problem. However it is not updating the SOAP message with the appropriate
namespaces.

xmlns:ns2='http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05'
  |     type='java:webservices.amazon.com.ItemSearch'

serializer='org.jboss.webservice.encoding.ser.MetaDataBeanSerializerFactory'

deserializer='org.jboss.webservice.encoding.ser.MetaDataBeanDeserializerFactory'
  |     encodingStyle=''>
  |     <typeDesc>
  |        <elementDesc fieldName='SubscriptionId'
xmlName='ns2:SubscriptionId'/>
  |        <elementDesc fieldName='Request' xmlName='ns2:Request'/>
  |     </typeDesc>
  |   </typeMapping>

still results in

xmlns:ns1="http://webservices.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/2005-10-05";>
  |    <subscriptionId>xxxxxxxx</subscriptionId>
  |    <AWSAccessKeyId>xxxxxxxxx</AWSAccessKeyId>
  |    <associateTag/>
  |    <XMLEscaping>Single</XMLEscaping>
  |    <validate>false</validate>
  |    <shared xsi:nil="1"/>