Hello,
  I have copied and used this code and had a small problem with it. If you
don't specify the roleCtxDn and roleFilter parameters it throws an error. As I
have a seperate database table for roles and only wanted to use LDAP for
Authentication this was a problem for me. I just skipped the role checking when
the parameters where null but you could make it an explicit option.

    // Query for roles matching the role filter
    if ((rolesCtxDN != null) && (roleFilter != null)) {
      SearchControls constraints = new SearchControls();
      constraints.setSearchScope(SearchControls.SUBTREE_SCOPE);
      constraints.setReturningAttributes(new String[0]);
      constraints.setTimeLimit(searchTimeLimit);
      rolesSearch(ctx, constraints, username, userDN, recursion, 0);
    }
Also all the options are added to the sign-on environment even when they are
not used which seems a bit dangerous to me. (It works with or without them!)

  private InitialLdapContext constructInitialLdapContext(String dn,
    Object credential) throws NamingException {
    Properties env = new Properties();

    Iterator iter = options.entrySet().iterator();
    while (iter.hasNext()) {
      Entry entry = (Entry) iter.next();
      env.put(entry.getKey(), entry.getValue());
    }

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3906038#3906038

Reply to the post :