A little more info.  Part of my original problem went away when I changed the
name of the single member data field in my custom exception.  It was named
"message," which was causing problems because of a JBoss exception
serialization bug detailed here:
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3890609

When I changed the name of the data member and accessor to "msg" rather than
"message," I started getting the classname of my custom exception in the detail
message of the axis fault on the client side, rather than just the contents of
the message.

But I'm still not getting my real exception on the client side.  Argh.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3907073#3907073

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3907073