Hello.  I have a small example application which writes a text message to a
queue.  Works great when JBoss and application are working through localhost,
fails when application and JBoss reside on different machines.

I do have JBoss RMI clients working in the same scenario, I know enough to
provide the IP address of JNDI host when creating InitialContext.

Environment is JBoss 4.0.2 and JDK 1.4 and JDK 1.5.  Hosts have been Solaris
2.6 and RedHat 9.

The error is:
Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException.  Root exception
is java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table

But I can see my queue using the JMX console and it does work when both halves
are on the same machine.

I can also telnet to JBoss on port 1099 and get the usual
"java.rmi.MarshalledObject" response, so I know the problem is not IP chains or
other network filters.

Thanks for any guidance.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3907135#3907135