This seems to be related to a similar problem I posted here:
[url]
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=61514[/url]

In general, the whole JNDI infrastructure seems to rely on the JBoss
Application Server being in DNS and being directly accessible to clients (and
not behind a NAT).  When you bootstrap JNDI either via port 1099 or the
JNDIFactory servlet, the stub returned is harcoded to use the hostname (or bind
address) of the server.

Is this accurate, or am I missing something?

Does anyone run their app server on a machine not in DNS or on a machine
sitting behind a NAT?

I guess this problem only occurs with thick (rich) clients running on remote
machines as a servlet probably would have no such problems looking up things
(being that it is running on the same machine.

Any help appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3907425#3907425

Reply to the post :