I'm relatively new to EJB, esp. MDBs.

I looked at Bill Burke's Consumer/Producer example, and noticed that status is
held in static public fields of a SLSB ("TestStatusBean"), which is looked up
by the client via JNDI.

Is there a cleaner pattern to do this that can also work for multiple client
calls to the same MDB? Could I simply keep status info as part of the MDB's
state, and return it via business methods (similar to SFSB)?

Also, how can I setup an MDB such that it operates as a singleton and consumes
only one message at a time?

Thanks in advance...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3907723#3907723