Okay, after more testing, I am now completely confused. I downloaded a sample
war file off the web, at an installation/deployment tutorial:
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2005/03/01/InstallingJBoss.html

The sample war is: http://today.java.net/today/2005/03/01/test.war

I tried deploying it by copying it into the deploy directory, it worked right
away.

Then, I attempted to recreate a war file with the exact same contents called
newtest.war. I copied the contents of the web.xml and index.jsp into
newtest.war, and tried to deploy it, and got the exact same error as in my
first post above.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this bizarre behaviour?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3908504#3908504

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3908504