The issues regarding file trasfer are numerous and painful.
Microsoft promoted DIME, knowing that it probably woudn't fly.
Sun Promoted Mime attachments and has gone with the SWA.
Now there seems to be a push towards MTOM, which I hope will be picked up by
the JBOSS implementation shortly, as we are also needing it.

The interesting thing about MTOM, is appears that you just deal will returning
byte arrays or native return types.  The MTOM functionality appears to get
turned on external to the code and will autmatically optimize the soap message,
moving portions of the data outside the soap message as an attachments.

I unfortunately haven't answered the question you asked by wanted to share yet
another option.  MTOM was released on the Micrsoft side and appears to be on
the list for JBoss.  I'm on a project that will require its abilities shortly.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3909762#3909762

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3909762