Hi, thanks for replying.

JBoss versions I've tested with:

4.0.1sp1
4.0.3sp1

About the client: one is a Servlet, the other one a MDB.

The MDB is the main client, the servlet I've just create to continue testing at
home, where I can't make use of the MDB, as I can't send a message to it (it's
not a JMS message it works on).

I've meanwhile found
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=64201
and therein
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossClassLoadingUseCases
and
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ClassLoadingConfiguration

So I guess the Servlet will not work at any time, which is something I could
live with (at least I wouldn't know why I'd really *need* the Servlet being
able to load the business object in a different ear). But not being able to get
the RemoteObject from a different EAR when calling from the MDB is a show
stopper for me, because it would require me to shut down MDB-service every time
one of the many enterprise applications that should be accessed through the MDB
deploys an update :-/

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3910380#3910380

Reply to the post :