Genman,
 Thanks for your reply.

 After reviewing the forums, I was able to configure tibco integration except
for the security part as mentioned in my previous post.

 Here is what I tried and it does not work.

Set up a jboss realm in login-config.xml with ems user id as 'jbosslookup'. I
guess that jboss uses this userid to set up the pool.  Jboss server is able to
create the pool on startup.

When I create the connection, if I pass some other valid ems user id 'myuser'
using createConnection('myuser','password'). it fails and I get an exception in
the log.

I think either the jboss server or the ems server is unable to switch between
users.

That is the reason I seeked help because I think the answer lies in how the
jboss jms adapter implementation switches users if the caller passes userid at
runtime.

 I read in one of the forums that jboss jca security always uses the user from
login-xml  file and that setting takes precedence over the actual userid passed
at the time a connection is created.

  Is this true ?

If yes, is there any other way I can pass different userid/passwords when I
create jms connection (createConnection call) ? May be using some other login
modules etc.

Also, if I use <application-managed-security/> , how can I set up the
connection pool because the pool will not be linked with any security realm and
our ems server is secure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
Mandar