First, let me say that I am going to create a new fork and join node that works
asynch. I was going to just create a new fork node, but after discussing the
issue with my coworkers, we are going to add a new join that is aware of asynch
tokens. This is the most elegant solution to this problem. It eliminates the
need for extra states...

Elaborating on:
"parallel1 and parallel2 are designed to go into wait states. I then signal
their respective tokens which causes parallel1b and parallel2b to run. each
waits 30 seconds before continuing, so I have time to signal the tokens."

I think when we say "goes into a wait state", it can be confusing. That simply
means that I have a state node and I don't cause a signal to occur, leaving the
token in that state node.

parallel1 and parallel2 are state nodes that execute code in the node-enter
event to simply Thread.sleep(30000) then fall out, leaving the nodes in a wait
state.

I have a jetty server (http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/) that listens for
certain URL requests. I have a request to signal a token. I use this URL to
signal each token, causing the tokens to run in their own threads. Since
parallel1 and parallel2 are signalled, the processes move respectively into
parallel1b and parallel2b which Thread.sleep(30000) and then signal themselves
to continue.

Say what you will, but I think jBPM needs asynch classes. We need it for our
batch processing. I know that firing off threads in a J2EE environment is a
no-no, but jBPM will not always be running in a J2EE environment and asynch
behavior is desireable and as this discussion thread shows, it is hard to
achieve properly...

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3911762#3911762

Reply to the post :