I am having a lot of performance related problems with my jBPM deployment.
Currently, I have not integrated it with any application server.  Inserting 500
tasks requires close to 30 seconds even when I am using the PreparedStatement
batch insert via Hibernate.  Getting a list of tasks is even worse. The
"taskMgmtSession.findPooledTaskInstances" method returns in about two minutes
when the user has 500 tasks assigned to him/her.

This surely seems like a configuration issue. I tried to configure the default
c3p0 cache but got a lot of exceptions when trying to flush my session after
saving 500 tasks. Following is my configuration for the cache.

hibernate.c3p0.max_size=5
hibernate.c3p0.min_size=1
hibernate.c3p0.timeout=5000
hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=100
hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period=300
hibernate.c3p0.acquire_increment=2

Is there a more robust connection pool that we can use? Does anyone have any
clues about trying to boost the badly needed performance?

Thanks,

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3911778#3911778

Reply to the post :