OK, I have a way round this one but it's not easy.

Basically there is one jar compiled with 1.5 instead of 1.4 that I have found
so far. It does not use any 1.5 features itself, although it allows javadoc
generation for 1.5 source code! It can therefore be readily recompiled for 1.4.
Here are brief instructions.

PLEASE NOTE: ignore all references to Maven in the release notes etc for
xjavadoc. The Maven build appears to be totally broken with all versions of
Maven. Use cvs and ant.

Use CVS to get the source for xjavadoc:

md /cvswork
cd /cvswork
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot/xdoclet checkout -P -D "2005-06-11
12:33" -- xjavadoc

Hit enter for the password.

Ensure you have Ant 1.6.5 on your system
Ensure you have junit.jar from junit3.8.1 on your classpath or in %ANT_HOME%/lib
Ensure your 1.4 java runtime is the first on the path etc.
execute ant to build the jar:

cd /cvswork/xjavadoc
ant

If all works you should get:
/cvswork/xjavadoc/target/xjavadoc-1.5-snapshot.jar

rename it to:
xjavadoc-1.5-snapshot050611.jar

copy it over the one in
%ECLIPSE_HOME%/plugins/org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.core_1.5.0.RC1

BEWARE: I have only conducted the most cursory testing on this patch, but
xdoclet now runs where as before it did not.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3911868#3911868

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3911868