Wow, I have spent hours searching and reading a dozen other posts like my issue
but no resolution. I did not want to ask/post since versions of this issue have
been asked before, but again I have tried many many variations and have yet to
communicate with my local EJB object (public interface MyBeanLocal extends
EJBLocalObject).

using jboss-4.0.3SP1 and bundled Tomcat

The error gets thrown at context lookup call.

error:
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: MyBeanLocal not bound

calling code:
  |     Properties props = null;
  |     MyBeanLocal local = null;
  |     Object ref = null;
  |     try
  |     {
  |         props = new Properties();
  |         props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
  |             "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  |         props.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,
"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interface");
  |         props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://localhost:1099");
  |         // I have tried "localhost:1099", 127.0.0.1, etc  as well
  |
  |        Context ctx = new InitialContext(props);
  |        // *never makes it here, exception NameNotFoundException*
  |
  |        //Object ref = ctx.lookup("MyBeanLocal");
  |        MyBeanLocalHome home = (MyBeanLocalHome)ctx.lookup("MyBeanLocal");
  |        local = home.create();
  |     }
  |     catch(Exception e)
  |     {
  |        logger.error(e.toString());
  |     }

ejb-jar.xml:

  |         <session>
  |            <display-name>MyBeanLocal</display-name>
  |            <ejb-name>MyBeanLocal</ejb-name>
  |            <local-home>org.ejb.MyBeanLocalHome</local-home>
  |            <local>org.ejb.MyBeanLocal</local>
  |            <ejb-class>org.ejb.MyBeanLocalEJB</ejb-class>
  |            <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
  |            <transaction-type>Container</transaction-type>
  |          </session>

jboss.xml:

  | <enterprise-beans>
  |   <session>
  |     <ejb-name>MyBeanLocal</ejb-name>
  |     <jndi-name>MyBeanLocal</jndi-name>
  |   </session>
  |   <secure>false</secure>
  | </enterprise-beans>

jmx-console
service=JNDIView:
+- local (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   +- [EMAIL PROTECTED] (proxy: $Proxy149 implements interface
org.ejb.MyBeanLocalHome)

Any assistance/information is greatly appreciated.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3911881#3911881

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3911881