"patrick_ibg" wrote : First of all, it won't be freed up until the session is
invalidated or the app takes it out of the session context.

Well, that just means you should make sure it isn't too huge and/or configure
appropriate passivation. It's a tradeoff of performance vs. usability. You
can't make an a priori blanket call on something like that.

"patrick_ibg" wrote : Then, I'm not too sure how it will behave wrt
activation/passivation.

  | I think the web layer also does its own bit of passivation/activation and
writes objects in the session context to disk (depending on configuration)

All this is perfectly fine. All references b/w the session and the stateful
beans are indirected via a local interface and can be reconstructed. Note that
this same problem affects conversation scope, since it also "persists" to the
HttpSession.

"patrick_ibg" wrote : Anyway, I think the real reason is that it's cleaner to
think of the web layer as a "client" of the EJB container.

I guess that's a metaphysical argument I don't want to get into, but I'll
simply say that I disagree with this understanding of the problem.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3912525#3912525

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3912525