Hi,

We have an application which is packaged as an EAR and includes 1 WAR, 1
EJB.jar, META-INF with application.xml and jboss-app.xml and a lib directory
with all the shared jars.

One jar contains the core of our application and includes a ServiceLocator
through which we can get references to other resources (Spring, JMS).

The ServiceLocator is first called by the webapp and works fine. We also use
JMS and one class from out core.jar sends a Message to JMS. On the other end
there is an MDB listening which also uses the ServiceLocator to get resources.
The problem is that when the MDb uses the SL it gets instantiated where we
actually want the one already instantiated by the webapp.

This seems to be a Classloader-issue and i tried to follow the instructions
stated by the ClassLoadingConfiguration (wiki). Non of it worked. I also tried
setting the ear-deployer :true but this has a counteractive effect.

What do i need to do, (if at all possible) to get both (and later more) modules
to use a shared ServiceLocator instantiated by either the ejb.jar or the
web.war? (The ejbCreate() does not seem to get called when deploying an MDB on
JBoss).

Hope someone can help because this is very time consuming.

Thanks,
Maarten

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3912599#3912599