I've been running default configuration on JBoss 3.2.7 and try to connect to MS
SQL server 2000. I've followed the instructions in
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EncryptingDataSourcePasswords to
generate a password. The configuration is as shown:

xxx-ds.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<local-tx-datasource>
<jndi-name>MyDSN</jndi-name>
<connection-url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://99.99.99.99:1433/MyDB</connection-url>
    <driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
    <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
    <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
    <min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>
    <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
   <security-domain>EncryptDBPassword</security-domain>

  </local-tx-datasource>

/jboss3.2.7/server/default/conf/login-config.xml

 <application-policy name = "EncryptDBPassword">

     <login-module code =
"org.jboss.resource.security.SecureIdentityLoginModule" flag = "required">
          <module-option name = "username">sa</module-option>
          <module-option name = "password">xxxxxx</module-option>
          <module-option name =
"managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca.service=LocalTxCM,name=MyDSN</module-option>
        </login-module>

    </application-policy>

Here is the exception I've got when above configuration is used.

java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid authentication attempt, principal=null

If I remove security domain and put username/password in xxx-ds.xml file,
everything works perfect!! Is there anything that I need to config?

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3912708#3912708

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3912708