pages can feature portlets from any portlet app (WAR) deployed to the portal.
when you add a portlet window to a page, make sure that the instance it points
to references the portlet in the desired context, like:

  |    <deployment>
  |       <if-exists>keep</if-exists>
  |       <instance>
  |          <instance-name>MyPortletInstance</instance-name>
  |          <component-ref>WarContextHere.MyPortlet</component-ref>

Note: I'm not quite sure what the explanation is, but in some deployment
scenarios you'll have to prepend the context name with a '/', in others you
don't. I deployed a portlet app contained in an EAR for example. The
jbos-app.xml maps the app to a context name, but I have to refere to the
context with a preceding '/' in the -object.xml, defining an instance of a
portlet from this app.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3913126#3913126

Reply to the post :