I agree whole-heartedly with danny_hon. In my experience, getting translators
to deal with multi-language XML files is impossible! They like single-language
files, such as properties files. At Novell, we use XLIFF files, which is an XML
dialect that can be styled to ResourceBundle or Properties format.

The localization model for portlet preferences would work well for page
description and display-name as well, i.e. put a default entry in the
deployement descriptor and have the portal container lookup other languages in
an associated resource bundle.

This would make life much easier for localization engineers!

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3913184#3913184

Reply to the post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3913184