I turned on JDBC persistance with Informix backend using TreeCacheAOP.

The performance numbers are horribly slow.

The "jbosscache" table created as part of service startup  has the  columns
"fqn","node","parent" with types varchar(255), blob, varchar(255) respectively.

The inserts of my pojo business objects as they are serialized into byte stream
by the cache,  are taking on the average of 15 seconds  for each row. The DB is
on another server off of the subnet.

denormolizing the pojo object and writing a row out with all pojo fields to
non-blob/byte  columns as varchar, integers, etc.  is a lot faster.

Is this going to be the expected behaviour where JDBC persistance of POJO
objects using serialized byte stream as default mechanism by TreeCache/AOP is
going to be magnitude slower ?

Can someone suggest a way to use JDBC persistance and yet make it fast or as
fast as file persistance, etc. ?   Maybe my own cacheLoader scheme ?

I have to use JDBC/informix(vs. sleepycat) in order to not worry about local
disk failure issues on persistance and recovery.   A remote DB seems to be way.

thanks

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3913859#3913859

Reply to the post :